Saturday, September 29, 2012

Are You Living to Eat or Are You Eating to Live?


Maybe you've heard that question before; I know I've asked that question of myself before. As much as I would like to answer it the right way, I have to say that I am living to eat. I love to eat. I love to eat good food, and when I say good food, I mean good tasting food, not food that's good for you.
I can't believe how many cooking programs that are on TV today. My wife loves watching them, especially Paula Deen. We've tried some of those delicious foods that they prepare on those shows, and they taste very good, but most of them are not very nutritious.
Do you like to eat out? I love to go out to eat. It's getting kind of expensive though to go out and eat all the time, and we don't do it as much as we used to, but one thing that my wife and I do now when we do go out, is share a meal. We order one meal and ask for two plates, because they always give you so darn much to eat.
Part of what's happening in America today is that we eat way to much food.
I remember the days of going over to grandma's house for Sunday dinner, and she would have a ten course meal prepared, and three or four deserts, and we were still all taking home plates of food to have as leftovers for the next day.
I couldn't eat another bite and grandma was still trying to talk all of us into having another piece of pie. 
We have been programmed to over eat. From grandmas to restaurants filling our bellies till they almost bust, and as a country with plenty, we have abused our privileges and our bounty to stuff ourselves.

Not only are we over eating but we don't always eat the best things nor do we prepare our foods in the right ways. Fried chicken, French fries, and fast food is sending us on a fast road to a heart attack, heart decease, and a number of other illnesses that we don't have to go through.
Not only are 80% of all Americans obese, but our young people today are sitting in front of a TV or video game and they are eating themselves into a fast death. They don't exercise or move very much, and stats show that even if a child grows and loses his weight, his body will have already established a foundation of illness as he grows older.
It's not too late! I don't care where you are or what you've done, you can start today! You can start eating to live instead of living to eat and you can change your life and the lives of your children and family forever. Are you ready? Are you ready to take the challenge?
My wife and I started our challenge almost a week ago, and I have lost three pounds already, but there is something that is going on inside of me.
I don't have that stuffed feeling all the time like, I used to have when I left grandma's house. You know that feeling like you were going to burst, and could hardly bend down to tie your shoes? I hated that feeling. I don't have that anymore.
I had a Pepsi the other day and it tasted so sweet to me that I couldn't finish it, and I've only been doing this for just about a week. You have to wean your bodies off the things that you have been putting into them for so long and it's like going through withdrawals, but once you overcome, you are on your way.
Everyone will go through these things at a different pace, depending on your metabolism, how much weight you want to lose, and how bad you've abused your body over the years.
My wife and I have decided to reward ourselves one day a week with something that we like. Maybe a cup of ice cream, (I love ice cream, especially chocolate peanut butter), or a piece of pie.
I've learned over the years of training and watching my weight, to never go cold turkey. Reward yourself once in awhile or else you will find yourself going crazy and eating the whole pie instead of just one piece. Remember just one piece.

1 comment:

  1. I was diagnose with human papilloma virus (HPV) 4 years ago and i met a doctor he told me there is no cure and i have be taking some medication the warts multiplied when trying to removed them and it got me embarrass and pains, luckily few weeks ago i was recommend to Dr Onokun for natural treatment after one week i got 100% cure and all the wart and pains got disappeared, i sheared this post because its part of my life experience, encase anyone need speedy help about this cure email Dr Onokun via,
    dronokunherbalcure@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete